After a testing phase kernel 188.8.131.52 has been moved to Core where it
replaces version 184.108.40.206.
Some of the most visible changes for users include:
* more mac80211-based wireless drivers added
* tickless support for x86_64
* uvesafb; support for ATI Xpress 200M and Mac framebuffers
* ACPI usage in libata
* SATA port multipliers support
* NCQ support on MCP51/MCP55/MCP61 chipsets (add 'swncq=1' to the
kernel boot commandline)
* SDIO support
* ability to use any kernel version to resume a hibernated system
* read-only --bind mounts
* tons of bugfixes and improvements
A detailed human-readable changelog is available at KernelNewbies Wiki:
The kernel26-220.127.116.11-2 package includes an important security fix
(local user privilege escalation).
Everyone is encouraged to upgrade, especially on a system with ssh accounts.
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)