Tom Gundersen wrote:
* A new script, `/sbin/rc`, that allows to start/stop and list daemons.
* Support FakeRAID (dmraid).
* Support btrfs.
* The adjustment of the hwclock for drift is moved into a daemon that should not be used in most scenarios as it can lead to subtle bugs (especially if using dual-boot or ntp). If you know what you are doing and want to adjust the hardware clock for drift, add `"hwclock"` to your `DAEMONS` array.
* We now let udev deal with mdadm, and no longer call mdadm explicitly. This should make things more robust without losing any functionality.
* We would like to remind everyone that initscripts expect all other packages (except for the kernel) to be up-to-date. This in particular includes udev, mdadm, dmraid and lvm.
* We now strongly discourage the use of `HWCLOCK="localtime"`, as this may lead to several known and unfixable bugs. However, there are no plans to drop support for `"localtime"`.