Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
Hi, New installation media are available. There are fewer of them, and they are smaller. But they can do more...
Archiso (image builds):
* all iso files can now be burned onto CD's as well as written to media like usb sticks (isohybrid)
* more than half of the packages in core are now xz compressed
* next to the single architecture images we provide dual images which can be used as 32bit or 64bit medium
* use isolinux bootloader exclusively for booting the live media
* snapshot of current core, including kernel 220.127.116.11-1, pacman-3.3.3-5 and glibc-2.11.1-3
* updated memtest
* support for PXE booting
* provide wpa_supplicant
* support virtio
AIF (installation tool): _ ability to choose uuid/label/devicefile blockdevice representation; automatically applied in menu.lst, fstab, etc _ split off UI library into separate [libui-sh] project _ support virtio blockdevices _ allow user to specify additional custom arguments for mkfs and the like
Additionally, quite some bugs have been fixed, mostly in AIF. And of course, the [Official installation guide] has been updated to reflect these changes.
Thanks to everyone who contributed, this release took a long time but I think it's worth it.
* [List of packages]