Dan McGee wrote:
The latest and greatest version of pacman is now available in [core]. As usual, please report any issues or regressions to the [bug tracker] after searching to see if your bug already exists. The changes in this release are detailed in the [NEWS file].
Notable changes in this release:
* New "Architecture" option that will restrict pacman to installing only packages from the given architecture
* Installing package with `-U` is now smart like `-S` — dependencies and conflicts are now handled
* New `--print` and `--print-format` options to output in suitable format for wrapper scripts
* Repository updates are faster as only new entries are extracted
* makepkg now aborts automatically with any errors during packaging
* makepkg now allows overrides of pkgver, pkgrel and arch in split packages
* ...and many more improvements.
Thanks again to all of the developers and contributors that have made this release possible!