Following discussions between a few of us on IRC and private emails,
we decided to remove the hostname binary from the net-tools package
and to replace it by the one from inetutils. Unlike the hostname from
coreutils, the inetutils hostname has all the functionnality of the
net-tools' one. I've also added scripts which implements the behaviour
of the domainname and dnsdomainname symlinks that were in the
net-tools package so everything should work as before. If not, let us
know. I've also added inetutils to the base group as many apps expect
hostname to be installed (I think its also a standard).
The net-tools package also had other changes as followed:
- update to current upstream cvs
- remove hostname (and the symlinks to it, dnsdomain and domainname)
as well as manpages related to it
- changed license to gpl2
- removed !makeflags from options (seems to work fine without it,
except for some extra compile time warnings).