On Nov 29, 2007 3:51 PM, Dan McGee <email@example.com> wrote:
My tongue-in-cheek response was a bit too cryptic. I meant to stress
the "standard text" part which is non-existent. I know that we cannot
and will not include a "license" for something like this, because
public domain is not a license at all. Thus I figured my suggestion
for the 'none' license was acceptable, but that got shot down
It wasn't shot down - I said that it's "assuming sqlite is released with no license whatsoever". I don't understand this public domain stuff, so when I looked on their website, I saw something that seemed to be license-ish in nature, and so I also added "I don't think this is the case"
If public-domain == no license whatsoever, then license=('none') is probably the way to go, and the "none" license should be recognized as syntactically correct.