On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 at 17:37, Markus Schaaf via arch-general email@example.com wrote:
What I have found: It is unlikely that hibernation is the cause to the problem I have encountered. It is just the trigger. Somehow dm-integrity or dm-crypt manages to fuck up it's on-disk meta-data. (Meanwhile the same happened to my work desktop, which had a similar setup, after suspend to RAM.) After I had determined the exact encryption algorithm and layout of my data, I was able to not only read all of it, but the on-disk integrity-tags matched 100%. Every single sector.
That's very interesting, and well done for figuring it out and saving the system. Strangely, my problem just went away: my laptop's been hibernating fine since about a week after I started the thread. I put it down to a kernel update. That being said, I don't hibernate regularly, so maybe I've just been lucky :p