we the devs have done the update to the packages from
so we now use glibc2.4 and gcc4.1.1. we will now start to build updates. until you not update to the testing packages it's not recommended to use the extra repo at archlinux.org.
we hope to bring all the testing stuff soon to current/extra for regular usage. everybody is waiting for the ivtv driver for the new kernel...