I made some improvements for namcap to follow the recently applied
guidelines, and fix some issues:
- Warn if a transitive dependency is not specified, do not warn if a
required dependency is already satisfied by another package.
- Warn if an included shared library is not specified in provides=().
- Warn if a linked soname dependency is not specified in depends=().- -
- Use importlib to detect the path of python modules for faster and
more reliable processing.
- Detect libraries loaded via GObject Introspection in Python scripts.
- Fix handling debug packages by disabling/fixing some checks.
- Print list of files needed by uninstalled library.
- Add basic colored output.
- Various other fixes.
It would be great to get some feedback and review. If someone wants to
test my changes, a namcap-improved package is available for this in