A new release of mkinitcpio has been tagged. The release can be downloaded from
Changes since the previous release:
* Kernel command line options can now be read from the drop-in directory
* mkinitcpio can now be configured from the drop-in directory
* Hooks can now use a find_module_from_symbol function to include modules
based on symbol lookups. This is useful to include all modules that
provide a given function, instead of including all of them.
* The --no-cmdline option omits embedding the kernel command line files,
allowing to pass kernel command line options directly through the boot
entry. This is practical if you need to retain the ability to edit
these options, or overrride them during boot.
Changes in mkinitcpio:
* preset_options can now be a bash array.
* Created UKIs now contain a .uname section in the binary.
* The VERSION_ID in a UKI osrel section is now suffixed with the
mkinitcpio preset name (except for "default"). This makes it easier
to distinguish images generated for different kernels.
Changes in hooks:
* A regression was fixed where the busybox init hook did not wait for
devices to come online before resolving them.
* run_emergencyhook is a new function that allows running functions
before the emergency shell is launched.
Changes in packaging:
* Split out make install into two new targets.
install-generator installs the generated scripts from make prepare
along with kernel-install hooks. install-hooks installs the alpm
hooks. install by defaults now runs both of these targets.
Contributions from: Adam Maroti, Balló György, cvlc12, Joel McBride,
Markus Weippert, Morten Linderud, nl6720, Yishen Miao