Formatted minutes can be viewed here:
Raw Markdown (still hoping for an easy md→text conversion that formats links in a citation style...)
# Arch-repo-management 2022-05-04 meeting
Date: 2022-05-04T17:00:00Z Location: Jitsi Scribe: Brett (ainola)
* Brett (ainola) * dvzrv * Torxed * wCPO
* dvzrv has [created extensive sphinx documentation about the project](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/arch-repo-management/-/merge_requests...
It would be nice to set up e.g. docs.archlinux.org as a central documentation platform related to Arch-related tooling/projects with each project having its own subdomain. For instance, repod.docs.archlinux.org.
* The wiki is more about configuration/situational help whereas the docs site would be more extensive documentation about the project itself: Much of the specifics don't belong on the wiki.
GitLab pages used for WKD docs, let's use pages for all of this documentation
* docs.archlinux.org would be a landing page * CI/CD into a repository's GitLab pages * foo.docs.archlinux.org would point to that repo's gitlab page.
#### Security concerns
The Gitlab page could potentially maliciously set cookies for archlinux.org. Since documentation changes can be deployed without DevOps, the accepted stewards of infrastructure, it means that non-DevOps members could theoretically maliciously attack the main site.
Suggestions for resolution:
No resolution made, we will revisit in a few weeks' time after the PR has been merged.
### Next Steps
* next up: [rename the project to repod](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/arch-repo-management/-/issues/45) * start implementing the consumption of package metadata (e.g. [.MTREE](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/arch-repo-management/-/issues/51), [.BUILDINFO](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/arch-repo-management/-/issues/52) (also selection of [.BUILDINFO fields](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/arch-repo-management/-/issues/20)) and [.PKGINFO](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/arch-repo-management/-/issues/53))