A new release of mkinitcpio has been tagged. The release can be downloaded from GitLab:
Changes since the previous release:
Announcement of future breaking changes:
* Preset variables *_efi_image are deprecated in favor of *_uki and option --uefi is deprecated in favor with --uki. The old variables and options still work, but emit a deprecation warning.
Changes in mkinitcpio:
* Preserve relativity of symbolic links that reside in the same directory as their targets.
* Fix symbolic link creation and create target files with correct permissions.
* Document add_udev_rule that has been available since v31.
* Instead of using stat to get the file permissions and install to copy it, use cp unless custom permissions are specified. This improves overall speed of file additions.
* Existing test suite is migrated to bats (Bash Automated Testing System) and more tests are now available.
* Ensure /proc/cmdline is read as text and make sure to append a newline and NUL to the .cmdline embedded in unified kernel images. This works around an issue where /proc/cmdline contains garbage.
* The kernel-install plugin now supports generating unified kernel images.
* Warn if the interpreter (from the shebang) is missing when adding "binaries" that are actually scripts.
Changes in hooks:
* hooks/shutdown once again works when /run/initramfs/ already exists in the initramfs.
* install/autodetect looks up modules in the target kernel version instead of the currently running one.
* install/consolefont, install/keymap and install/sd-vconsole now declare vconsole.conf supported variables as local to prevent conflicts with misconstructed hooks may set these variables globally.
* install/memdisk uses the add_udev_rule function available since v31.
Contributions from: Adam Maroti, Christian Hesse, Geert Hendrickx, Hector Martin, Morten Linderud, Tcc, Tobias Powalowski, nl6720, rogueai