I apologize for the horrendous delay; I had forgotten about addressing my rejected mail to this list!
Formatted meeting minutes can be viewed at:
A copy of the raw markdown (pandoc does a poor job converting to plain text, suggestions for other tools welcome):
Date: 2022-04-20T17:00:00Z - 2022-04-20T18:13:00Z Location: Jitsi Scribe: ainola
* ainola * artafinde * dvzrv * heftig * luna * Torxed * wCPO
[renovate-bot](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/renovate) was implemented for automating version bumps
* Thanks to wCPO for setting that up
* [Has a pipeline run on a schedule](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/renovate/renovate/-/pipeline_schedule...) to e.g. update lock files and scan through the poetry TOML files. It will create a Merge Request with that gruntwork already done for us for review. ([example MR](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/arch-repo-management/-/merge_requests...))
* Needs a user to run - we have created a "[renovate](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/renovate)" user to run.
(c.f. [previous discussion on the same topic](https://md.archlinux.org/_jsxpX_ySrGwu9u0EmSXtg#versions))
Changes are infrequent but they do happen; we need a way to upgrade the database in a sane way.
* dvzrv has been working on [#42 (Implement JSON schema for package and database representation)](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/arch-repo-management/-/issues/42) and [#29 (Make pgpsig an optional field)](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/arch-repo-management/-/issues/29)
* Torxed is interested in this work due to similar issues in archinstall
### File management
Torxed has been working on package file management via the CLI interface.
Two stages right now (for testing):
* Take a package and move it to a pool (via symlinks or hardlinks so that downloads don't need to happen when moving between repos) * Tag the package for a particular repository
Transactions are a central design around this, so we can all expect to have e.g. staging environments still.
#### Suggestions for improvement
* prevent package removal from the pool if it's active * noop on adding identical packages * Fail if a newer version of the package already exists (Otherwise it's assumed to be a version bump and will be accepted) * Missing debug repositories, needs to be implemented
* Do we want flexibility to have Subrepositories/ephemeral repositories for testing groups of packages (see [#47](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/arch-repo-management/-/issues/47))?