On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 07:39:22PM +0100, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
Hi all, some releng-related ideas for improvements of the website, loosely based on the suggestions from someone on the forums ( http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=497610#p497610 )
@ http://www.archlinux.org/download/ I would create a new section above "Buy a CD" called "Latest release" or something. This section would contain:
- the last release version + date of release.
- release notes of that specific release.
- a tiny note that you don't need to reinstall if you want to upgrade
- links to the bugtracker, mailinglist
Thats qute. 2 things
1) what does 'release notes' mean? A ChangeLog? Sure, feel free to write one as you make the archiso -> aif transition. You dont have to ask users, just do it. 2) Make a feature request on the bug tracker.
The last * could be useful only if there were a seperate releng page. But there isnt. Having them on the download page is pointless.