Here's the new PKGBUILD: http://pastebin.com/fL2JUH3Q The zetacoin-qt.desktop and zetacoin-qt-git.install are the same as before.
On Fri, 2013-11-01 at 16:18 -0400, Jeremy Audet wrote:
- Add zetacoin-qt.desktop to the `source` and `sha256sums` arrays.
They were already added, do you mean zetacoin-qt-git.install?
- Add a function named `pkgver` to the PKGBUILD file.  This function
will allow `makepkg` to update the version number automatically, relieving you of the need to update the version number by hand.
Added the same one that mesa-git uses, would it serve?
- The comment at the top of the package should say "Based on terracoin-qt
PKGBUILD", not "Based in terracoin-qt PKGBUILD".
Thanks for this, english isn't my mother language and I usually confuse prepositions as in this case.
- Consider explicitly `cd`-ing into the `$srcdir` directory. Though this
step is not strictly necessary, it makes your intent more clear to others reading through the PKGBUILD. As a Python programmer would say, "Explicit is better than implicit."
Here I'm afraid that I'm not following you. What do you mean with 'cd'-ing explicitly?
- Consider removing the "miniupnpc" dependency from the package. `namcap`
warns that it is not necessary. Do not remote the dependency blindly, though: namcap is sometimes wrong about dependencies.
I have removed the 'miniupnpc' dependency and recompiled it, it didn't complain. I have this package installed and it seems to work, so I think it may be safe to remove it.
I am not knowledgeable about GUI applications, so I cannot comment on the .desktop or .install files.
Neither I am, this is just an adaptation of the terracoin-qt PKGBUILD so it works with zetacoin-qt
Thanks in advance! Bruno