On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 9:12 PM, Jud firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
Too many recent packages have been named the same as the "official package", this could easily get out of hand, what can be done about it?
- better education and parenting?
Always important, but how to get the point across?
- better message on AUR page?
- code to detect package name and disallow/delete package?
- hit uploader with big stick?
I think these might be good -- perhaps a message saying that it is discouraged, and a confirmation page. Bonus points if the package name is linked up and would point the user at the appropriate package page to flag as out of date.
- faster updates of "offical" Repo packages?
I don't think there are many options down this road.