[arch-announce] Job Opening

Recent News Updates announce at archlinux.org
Mon Jun 16 16:01:07 EDT 2008

Hey kids, The ArchLinux dev team is looking for a few package maintainers! Basic Duties: * Maintain a handful of official Arch Linux packages in [extra] * Participate in mailing list discussion on arch-dev * Work constructively with other users and developers to fix bugs and improve packages Skills: * A strong knowledge of Arch Linux and Linux in general * A good understanding of pacman and makepkg * Well-written, good communication * Enough free time! If you feel you meet our expectations and have the time and desire to be on the Arch team, please send an email to [aaron][1] containing the following: * How long you've been active with Linux, and ArchLinux. * Any projects you've created or contributed to * A list of packages you maintain in the AUR/community * Any specific goals you may have in mind when joining our team * Any nicknames you use, in case I can't match the name to the nick yet 8) * Any specific packages you'd be interested in maintaining.

   [1]: mailto:aaron at archlinux.org