[arch-announce] Update on Misuse of Arch Linux Logo

Recent News Updates announce at archlinux.org
Fri Jul 3 14:02:25 EDT 2009

After publishing the article discussing a misuse of our old logo in the June Newsletter, I received an unexpected e-mail from the operator of the company in question. He has made a formal apology and has removed the logo from his website. We thank him for his compliance and wish him well in designing a new logo to represent his company. Apparently he received several vulgar and threatening e-mails in response to this issue. I am very disappointed that this has occurred; The Arch Linux community prides itself on its friendliness among other things and individuals who identify themselves as members should be above this sort of behaviour. I did not intend to motivate such actions, and I hope that those responsible will act more maturely in the future.