[arch-announce] Package Deletion Issues

Recent News Updates: Aaron Griffin announce at archlinux.org
Tue Oct 6 18:34:38 EDT 2009

Aaron Griffin wrote:

Hello all, Due to an error in our backend scripts along with the new version of
pacman, a large number of packages were removed on our central server, causing
all mirrors to delete these packages when syncing. This happened on Sunday
August 16th. When we finally caught it (6 hours later), we restored the
packages, but a lot of mirrors had already synced. Currently, due to bandwidth
limitations, all mirrors will take some time to sync back up. This affects all
repos except community, though it appears core and testing are mostly re-synced
on a majority of mirrors. Only extra remains an issue. We apologize for the
inconvenience. Steps have been taken to ensure this doesn't happen again.