[arch-announce] Server Maintenance This Weekend

Recent News Updates announce at archlinux.org
Tue Sep 1 21:01:06 UTC 2009

Dan McGee wrote:
Archlinux.org will be down this weekend due to complex server maintenance. Mirrors, including ftp.archlinux.org will remain in operation, as will the AUR. Forums, mailing lists and wiki will be down as well as the main Arch Linux site. The maintenance is due to an intrusion where an attacker was able to inject code into our flyspray installation and gain root access by exploiting the recent kernel bug. The developers have verified that neither the repositories nor the DB were affected. Though there is no proof of any changes to the machine, it will be reinstalled to make sure the machine is safe. During this reinstall, extra security measures will be taken to isolate the repositories and development process from the websites. We're sorry for any inconvenience.