[arch-announce] flashplugin x86_64 package dropped

Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Ionuț Mircea Bîr Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Ionuț Mircea Bîr
Tue Sep 21 19:01:09 EDT 2010

Ionuț Mircea Bîru wrote:

The flashplugin has a [critical vulnerability][1] in version 10.0.45.2 which is
fixed in 10.1.53.64. Unfortunately, Adobe released this version for i686 only
and the [x86_64 port was discontinued][2] leaving the x86_64 package vulnerable.
Because of that, we cannot build an updated version for x86_64. While we
considered pulling the x86_64 package from our repositories, for now we will
leave it up to our users to remove it or keep it installed.

We suggest using alternative options for running flash-based software on x86_64
systems or using the flashblock extension for firefox.

   [1]: http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb10-14.html

   [2]: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/64bit.html