[arch-announce] netcfg 2.8.2 release
Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Thomas Bächler
announce at archlinux.org
Sun May 13 10:01:01 EDT 2012
Thomas Bächler wrote:
netcfg 2.8.2 has been moved to [core]. It has been six months since netcfg had
an update, so it accumulated quite some changes. Here is a shortlist.
* Configuration has moved out of `rc.conf`. Please move your configuration to
* Connection types ending in `-old`, `-dbus` and `-iproute` are discontinued.
Remove the suffix if you still have it: you didn't need it.
* Systemd is now supported for single profile, multiple profile, automatic
wired and automatic wireless connections.
* For your basic wifi needs, you can now use the bundled `wifi-menu` tool. It
is a dialog based connection aid inspired by wifi-select.
* Disconnecting an interface is no longer done through `-i`. The new parameter
is `-D`. Reconnecting an interface is possible through `-R`.
* There is a new connection type: PPPoE.
The full changelog is at
The wiki does not reflect all these changes yet, please help updating it!
More information about the arch-announce