[arch-announce] Install medium 2012.10.06 introduces systemd
Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Pierre Schmitz
announce at archlinux.org
Sun Oct 7 13:01:04 EDT 2012
Pierre Schmitz wrote:
The October release of the Arch Linux install medium is available for
[Download] and can be used for new installs or as a rescue system. It
contains a set of updated packages and the following notable changes:
* systemd is used to boot up the live system.
* initscripts are no longer available on the live system but are still
installed by default on the target system. This is likely to change in the near
* EFI boot and setup has been simplified.
* gummiboot is used to display a menu on EFI systems.
* The following new packages are available on the live system: ethtool,
fsarchiver, gummiboot-efi, mc, partclone, partimage, refind-efi, rfkill, sudo,
testdisk, wget, xl2tpd
More information about the arch-announce