[arch-announce] Changes to LVM
Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Thomas Bächler
announce at archlinux.org
Tue Feb 12 09:01:02 EST 2013
Thomas Bächler wrote:
With `lvm2 2.02.98-3`, we now utilize `lvmetad` to activate LVM volumes
automatically. This implies the following changes:
* The `lvm2` initramfs hook now requires the `udev` hook.
* The `use_lvmetad = 1` must be set in `/etc/lvm/lvm.conf`. This is the
default now - if you have a `lvm.conf.pacnew` file, you **must** merge this
* You can restrict the volumes that are activated automatically by setting the
`auto_activation_volume_list` in `/etc/lvm/lvm.conf`. If in doubt, leave this
option **commented out**.
* If you need monitoring (needed for snapshots), run `systemctl enable lvm-
* The `lvmwait` kernel command line option is no longer needed and has no
More information about the arch-announce