[arch-announce] qt4 replaces qt

Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Andrea Scarpino announce at archlinux.org
Fri Mar 1 15:01:02 EST 2013

Andrea Scarpino wrote:

A new `qt4` package in [extra]. This replaces the current `qt` package.

All packages depending on `qt` need to be rebuilt to depend on `qt4`. We have
done this for all official packages, but you will need to rebuild packages
installed from the AUR that depend on `qt`.

Qt 5.x is now also available in [extra]. When you install both `qt5-base` and
`qt4` any Qt tool will refer to the 5.x version. We provide *-qt4 symlinks so
you can explicitly force the 4.x version when you need it.