[arch-announce] Perl updated to 5.20

Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Florian Pritz announce at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 4 10:01:02 EDT 2014

Florian Pritz wrote:

Perl 5.20, as any other new perl version, requires all modules that are not
purely perl code to be rebuilt. We did that for all packages in our repos.

The last couple major updates printed an error message when trying to load
modules built against the wrong version, 5.20 seems to cause segfaults. Please
make sure to rebuild all custom installed CPAN modules and binaries that link to
libperl.so.

Refer to [my post on arch-dev-public][1] for a script that helps to find those
packages.

   [1]: https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-
public/2014-June/026359.html