[arch-dev-public] New wireless and network scripts.

James iphitus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 18:06:59 EDT 2007

On 4/4/07, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Roman Kyrylych schrieb:
> > Why not just use any freely available ini parsing lib?
> > iniparser and confuse are in community
>
> Thanks, will look at it.

http://archlinux.org/~james/projects/network/iniread-0.1/

I havn't actually written anything in C for a long time, this was
based on the example and some fumbling so... criticism is welcome I
guess. Depends on iniparser in community.

Example usage:
$ iniread /etc/network.d/someini main:ip
dhcp

where /etc/network.d/someini is:
[main]
ip = dhcp
connection = wireless.

This is implemented to a sufficient level for network script usage,
though there's probably some gotchas that could be checked, and basic
documentation that could be added to the program.

What do you think? Implement something like this? I've got a mid
semester break now, i'm eager to complete these scripts properly and
finally have them see widespread use.

James

--
iphitus // Arch Developer // kernel26beyond // iphitus.loudas.com