[arch-dev-public] 2.6.21-rc6-git2 please test!

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Mon Apr 9 16:54:46 EDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 08:38:46PM +0200, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Hi
> just to inform all developers, the new kernel can be downloaded from this
> adress:
> http://www.archlinux.org/~tpowa/2.6.21/
> or as repo
> [kernel]
> http://www.archlinux.org/~tpowa/2.6.21/
>
> All developers that have modules and hardware are invited to test the already
> provided ones.
> I need your feedback on this task, to avoid broken modules in the future.
> Only broken one is ivtv at the moment and i haven'T build the unstable
> modules. If you find a fix for ivtv don't hesitate to put it here.
>
> Known to work: fcpci,fcpcmcia,intel-536ep, nvidia-9x and nvidia-71x

I can verify that ipw3945 works.  My multimedia keys stopped working
though... as did my sound, but I think that was an already existing problem
(booting with headphones plugged in) because it happened when I rolled back
to 2.6.20.6-4.

The more that 2.6.21 breaks the less I want to use it... I've now moved
back to 2.6.20.6 for everyday usage.

Jason