[arch-dev-public] games group

James iphitus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 06:13:56 EDT 2007

On 4/17/07, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> urgh -1
>
> i strictly against supporting/offering any games in the official repos.
> that conflicts with my personal intention what i would call a
> distribution "from the devs for the devs". such stuff should better
> remain in community or unsupported AUR.

That's what you call it, but not what arch is. Arch does not
discriminate use, it's a multi purpose distro.

> i have to waste so much of my rare bandwidth for such silly stuff :(

Chess and other intellectual games are not silly. Games are another
valid form of entertainment, like movies or music. Maybe you don't see
the fun in them, but many people do. I for example have been pottering
around in ysflight for the last two days,  a combat flight simulator.
Studying aerospace engineering, it's been awesome fun to mess with.

> but in technical it's not a bad idea.

So ignoring your personal views, that would be a yes?

+1 from me.

James

--
iphitus // Arch Developer // kernel26beyond // iphitus.loudas.com