[arch-dev-public] very outdated mirror(s)

Dale Blount dale at archlinux.org
Fri Apr 20 09:56:25 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 12:28 +0300, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'd like to discuss issues with mirrors being very out-of-date.
>
> ftp://ftp.nethat.com/pub/linux/archlinux/
> was last updated on 2007-03-27

This was due to our rsync lockdown.  They rsync from a different IP than
they serve files from.  It has been fixed in our config.

> Can there be some way to make tracking such things easier?

I am going through the logs now to check for other valid-looking mirrors
who are getting access denied.

If someone was so inclined, they could write a script to check file
dates of current.db.tar.gz on each of the active mirrors.

Dale