[arch-dev-public] kernel 2.6.21 series hits testing

tobias at justdreams.de tobias at justdreams.de
Sun Apr 29 01:55:09 EDT 2007

Quoting Jason Chu <jason at archlinux.org>:

> > >From the release logs, IIRC, as of 2.6.21 the acpi stuff moves now from
> > /proc/acpi to /sys. This is supposed to be work in progress, but the
> battery
> > stuff might be already affected. (I'm fishing here, I didn't check the
> patches)
> >
> >    -T
>
> Actually, I'm the one who has a problem with xfce, 2.6.21, and the battery
> monitor.  Using 2.6.20 (with modules) it works but using 2.6.21 (with
> modules) it doesn't.  The acpi command still works, but the panel battery
> monitor doesn't.
>
> Someone else try it!  Make me not look crazy!
Hehehe, I doubt you're crazy, I said I'm fishing. I can try it on my testing
laptop by tomorrow. That the acpi command still works is a hint that
/proc/acpi/battery still exists and the battery-monitor uses a different method
to read out information.
But, glancing over the code, the battery-monitor uses a libacpi.c file reading
from hard-coded /proc/acpi/...  directory. Can you see if you still have a
/proc/acpi/battery/BAT0 directory and post the output of cat
/proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/* please?

    -T