[arch-dev-public] License array format

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 14:48:33 EDT 2007

On 4/15/07, Jason Chu <jason at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 03:15:42PM -0400, Dan McGee wrote:
> > I don't know if this is a rehash of an old topic, but it hasn't come
> > up in a while so I want to stir the pot. We need some standardization
> > when it comes to licenses, which are still not in all of the official
> > packages. (OpenSSH is missing one!)

Well this thread died a while back, but I thought I'd present these
not so wonderful statistics:
packages in current: 572
w/ license: 50
w/o license: 522

packages in extra: 2114
w/ license: 532
w/o license: 1582

packages in community: 1306
w/ license: 827
w/o license: 479

You would think devs would be leading the way, but that seems to be
quite false. Community and the TUs are doing way better here.

The quick script I used to find these numbers:
$ cat checklicense.sh
buildfiles=$(find -name PKGBUILD)

for file in $buildfiles; do
	unset license