[arch-dev-public] makedepends

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 08:26:58 EDT 2007

2007/8/1, Paul Mattal <paul at mattal.com>:
> So flac (in [current]) has a makedepend on xmms (now in [community]).
>
> In this instance, this seems okay, since if xmms one day goes away, we
> remove that makedepend and the only bad effect is that there's no xmms
> plugin.. which is fine if there's no xmms!
>
> But couldn't this be a problem in general? Do we have any rules about
> makedepends across repositories?

AFAIK we try to keep all makedepends in the same repo.
But in case like this it is not possilbe.
I think it is OK if makedepends is in another repo. Especially if it
is just for some extra feature that can be enabled/disabled in runtime
by installing required package.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)