[arch-dev-public] new flac

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Wed Aug 1 13:09:02 EDT 2007

Wednesday 01 August 2007, Paul Mattal wrote:
 | How do you know that >15 packages depend on this? It seems to be
 | it would be really good to have something on the website where we
 | can query all packages that depend on another package,
 | recursively. Otherwise I don't see how we can expect people to
 | divine this information.

pacman -Qi flac gives you this:

Required By    : akode  arson  gst-plugins-flac  libsndfile  xine-lib  dssi
                 easytag  k3b  kdemultimedia  libsamplerate  mkvtoolnix
                 sdl_sound  tunepimp  jack-audio-connection-kit  mpd  ardour
                 vorbis-tools

but in addition you should know what pkgs you maintain and what consequences they have.

- D

--

                  <º)))><