[arch-dev-public] 2007.08 Don't Panic Isos release

eliott eliott at cactuswax.net
Mon Aug 6 11:50:49 EDT 2007

Damir,

Are you being contrarian just to be so (ala devils advocate), or are
you actually suggesting that when distributing software you shouldn't
at least take into account potential end user issues?
That you shouldn't try to reduce the barrier to entry when it requires
*so little effort* in this case?
That we should be using characters that are *know to require shell
escaping* to name our isos?

I know I don't use ' characters in my filenames as a general rule.
Just to save myself the effort of having to escape the names manually.

It seems quite odd to me that we would have it in the iso filename.

> if it breaks, it needed fixing anyway. no?

That is great to say.
If we wait for all software to be fixed though, we may be waiting
quite a while...