[arch-dev-public] Repository rebuilding

Alexander Baldeck kth5 at archlinuxppc.org
Fri Aug 10 06:34:06 EDT 2007

Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> 2007/8/10, Travis Willard <travis at archlinux.org>:
>> On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 21:16:00 +0200
>> Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
>>
>>> As some of us have noticed, there's a new toolchain in current now.
>>> One of the new features is GNU hashing for library symbols. This
>>> should speed up linking libraries together. To get full advantage of
>>> this hashing, the ideal thing would be to have everything built using
>>> GNU hashing on your system. I would suggest a full repo rebuild for
>>> this.
>>>
>>> Another reason for a full repo rebuild would be the bugs we get
>>> regarding old packages.
>> And to get correct license information pushed out to the actual
>> packages.  If we could combine this incentive with making sure all
>> license fields are correct, every package in our repos would quickly
>> have the license info and that would be cool.
>>

> And don't forget about md5sums! ;-)
> There were a lot of them missing last time I remember.

I suggest to start with that stuff when some of us are on Froscon.
Meaning we can collaboratively fix things as they break. Plus the devs
who are there can dedicate themselves much more as it is their free time
anyway. :)

I'd be helping with x86_64 mostly though, as I think the team is smaller
still.

Cheers,

-A