[arch-dev-public] Repository rebuilding

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 15:17:44 EDT 2007

On 8/10/07, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> we already have packages with subdecimal versions in both
> architectures. it's just a question of shell scripting what's the easy
> way to increase either the pkgrel or add ".1"

it's trivial in both cases. either way, it doesn't seem right to try
and optimize a process based on limitations of a language.

Still, I never liked decimal pkgrels. It's the "release" number, or
number of times ArchLinux has released or rebuilt the package. It
doesn't make sense anymore when you say you released a package 0.3
times.

What was the rationale behind using decimal pkgrels? Because I really
have no idea where it started.