[arch-dev-public] backport of symlink fix for pacman?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 09:00:52 EDT 2007

On 8/17/07, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> Every day we get new bugreports of perl not working because a symlink got
> overwritten. This is a bug in pacman that has been fixed according to git,
> but there's still no new release with this fix. Any drawbacks of applying
> http://projects.archlinux.org/git/?p=pacman.git;a=commit;h=7a42e24400499873c
> 3b9e1e2315edc808d753734 to the current version of pacman?

I'd need some other input here, but we actually rewrote the whole part
dealing with this so I don't know if this patch as it stands will fix
all the problems without introducing new ones. It may work in the
short term, however.

Thoughts on a 3.0.6 release with the locale issue and this issue
fixed, and then focusing on 3.1? It has been a bit tough for me to
juggle real life with pacman, so I don't tend to worry about bugfix
releases anymore unless it is something really serious.

-Dan