[arch-dev-public] qemu-kvm updates

Paul Mattal paul at mattal.com
Fri Aug 17 15:22:18 EDT 2007

Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We decided that we provide kvm modules that are shipped in kernel,
> which is good in terms of stability.
> But what about the userspace? Our qemu contains qemu-kvm from kvm-28
> which is the same version as in .22 kernel.
> Will qemu-kvm version 35 work with kvm module version 28?
> If yes then I think it probably would be better to have more
> up-to-date userspace.
> Can anyone test this and/or say is this a good idea or not?

I guess the driving question is: On an ongoing basis, will it be easy to
build the newest qemu-kvm version against our kernel, and will the
stability be good enough to consider "release" quality?

So far my experiences have been that the kernel versions are stable, and
I haven't been wanting for particular features/speed/bugfixes from the
bleeding edge. Have others had similar or different experiences?

- P