[arch-dev-public] License cleanup

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Mon Aug 20 23:17:11 EDT 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:05:52 -0400
"Dan McGee" <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Patch should fail on a file-by-file basis, so it shouldn't be all that
> bad of a result. And just make sure you check the diff before you
> commit.
> -Dan

Well, I made use of the patch in unstable, and finished off all
packages in that repo tonight.  In fact, I even cleaned out some files
that were no longer necessary on top of everything.

So, current status:

[extra] rougly 1100 invalid or missing licenses found by my script
[community] rougly 430 invalid or missing licenses
[unstable] complete - no invalid or missing licenses

Script attached to the email again if anyone wants to use it.  I'm
finding it particularily handy - and I updated it to check for custom
licenses where the PKGBUILD doesn't reference usr/share/licenses -
should weed out some incorrect custom licenses too.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: find-bad-licenses
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 672 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/attachments/20070820/b8d5c9a3/attachment.obj>

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list