[arch-dev-public] [signoff] shell rebuilds

Sun Dec 2 16:30:03 EST 2007

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007, Travis Willard wrote:

> On Dec 2, 2007 2:56 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Nov 28, 2007 8:46 PM, Eric Belanger <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca>
>> wrote:

>>> I'll build the x86_64 pkg.
>>
>> Um...anyone? Otherwise I'm just going to assume they are fine by the
>> end of today.h
>>

> That's not the way signoffs work.  You CAN'T just 'assume' they are fine.
> You have to wait.  Sorry, but it breaks the whole system otherwise.

Actually, these packages were already signed off by two devs: Dan for i686
and me for x86_64. From an IRC discussion with Aaron, the devs who put the
packages in testing counts as one of the two signoff. That might seem
strange but it's the way it works unless the signoffs gets a better
definition.

> Signed off for i686 (bash, dash, shadow, hwdetect)
>
> However, question about filesystem:
> $ pacman -Ql filesystem
> filesystem /etc/arch-release
> filesystem /etc/crypttab
> filesystem /etc/fstab
> filesystem /etc/group
> filesystem /etc/gshadow
> filesystem /etc/host.conf
> filesystem /etc/hosts
> filesystem /etc/issue
> filesystem /etc/ld.so.conf
> filesystem /etc/motd
> filesystem /etc/nsswitch.conf
> filesystem /etc/passwd
> filesystem /etc/protocols
> filesystem /etc/resolv.conf
> filesystem /etc/securetty
> filesystem /etc/services
> filesystem /etc/shadow
> filesystem /etc/shells
>
> Isn't it supposed to have a bunch of empty directories in it too (for FHS
> compliance and such)?  Otherwise, signed off.

The empty directories are in the packages (run  tar -tzvf on the
packages). 'pacman -Ql' doesn't list directories as they are not really
owned by any packages.

believed to be clean.