[arch-dev-public] [signoff] shadow 4.0.18.2-1

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Sun Dec 2 23:13:28 EST 2007

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 07:07:32PM +0200, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> 2007/11/30, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
> > >
> > > Perfect time to test makechrootpkg 8)
> > >
> > > Seems to work fine methinks, but your md5sums were wrong... can you
> > > verify here - either the file wasn't updated or the md5sums were off.
> >
> > Uhh?
> >
> > shadow     W: File (bin/) exists in a non-standard directory.
> > shadow     W: File (bin/groups) exists in a non-standard directory.
> > shadow     W: File (bin/login) exists in a non-standard directory.
> >
> > namcap bug?
>
> Yeah, I saw it many times. I guess it's fixed in 2.0.

Actually, I wanted to keep /bin & /sbin displaying messages.  I'd rather
have developers see those messages and think, "should my package really be
storing files in /bin and /sbin or do these binaries belong in /usr/bin and
/usr/sbin?" than not notice this at all.

I could see these messages being common in core packages but not packages
in extra or community.

Jason