[arch-dev-public] [arch-announce] Status Report: 2007-12-11

eliott eliott at cactuswax.net
Wed Dec 12 00:14:34 EST 2007

> In order to garner more interest here, I'd like to get some docs or a script
> setup in the git repo that would allow one to run a quick local instance with a
> small test DB. Eliott, is this doable?

Certainly doable, and that is one of my near-term goals.

I want people (myself included) to be able to run the archweb_pub site
with nothing more than python, django, and a database. Right now that
is just mysql, but django is somewhat DB agnostic when it comes to the
ORM, so I plan on slapping an sqlite scheme and some fixture data
together, so people can setup a local instance with
python+django+sqlite for testing and any future re-theme work.