[arch-dev-public] Absence - still - as well as lack of a fast Internet connection

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 11:19:04 EST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 3:19 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Aaron requested me to orphan filesystems and initscripts. I don't feel
> that orphaning them is necessary (I will do that if you insist),
> however, Roman assigned a couple of bugs to me which I cannot take care
> of. Roman, if you find new bugs for any of my stuff, could you please
> assign them to someone else as well (for example Aaron for initscripts).

Yeah. I really just wanted to make that easier - Roman, for the time
being can you assign Thomas' bugs to me (or someone else if more
relevant).

These packages aren't exactly "marked out of date" normally, so we'll be fine.

Thomas, just so you know I plan to:
* Make /etc/profile bourne/posix compliant and move it to filesystem
* Have /etc/profile source /etc/profile.$SHELL
* Change /proc permissions to 555
* Apply a large swath of these initscripts patches, and release a new version

Let me know if you have any issues with this. You can check my
initscripts changes here:
http://code.phraktured.net/?p=initscripts.git;a=summary

Merging the splash and working branches isn't clean so I want to do
that tonight, while applying Roman's patch