[arch-dev-public] [patch] remove netcfg from initscripts

James Rayner iphitus at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 19:38:21 EST 2007

On Thu, December 13, 2007 03:16, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> 2007/12/12, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
>> On Dec 12, 2007 7:56 AM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I definetely won't like that.
>> > Can't we script our rc.sysinit so it won't call netcfg2 if it's not
>> found?
>> > And make it optional dependency of initscripts.
>>
>> I'm fine with an optional dep - how about we throw a comment above
>> 'NETWORKS' and have rc.sysinit throw a warning it NETWORKS is defined
>> but /etc/rc.d/netcfg isn't found?
>
> that would be great

nothing in the initscripts themselves actually references or touches
netcfg2 -- it's entirely seperate now.

The reason for the depends was originally... this is a "breaking" change.
People upgrade initscripts, and they no longer have any wireless scripts.
Though it's a breaking change either way -- the configs are not backwards
compatible.

Further, should I entirely remove /etc/conf.d/wireless too, or just
rewrite it to be 'compatible' with netcfg2? I don't want to support it in
it's present state.

James