[arch-dev-public] Non-X monitor shutdown?

Varun Acharya ganja.guru.x64 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 03:50:00 EST 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 11:16 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another message from the "when did this stop working?" camp:
>
> I've had the following in my /etc/rc.local for a while:
>   setterm -blank 10
>   setterm -powersave powerdown
>   setterm -powerdown 15
>
> Now what this does is put the monitor into the black-but-still-glowing
> mode after 10 minutes, then shut it off after 15.
>
> I have no idea when, why, or how, but it stopped working.
> I use this on 2 machines that don't run X, so using 'xset' is not an
> option, but I *think* xset works fine.
>
> Does anyone else know much about this? The internet is fairly silent
> on the topic

I've noticed DPMS to be a bit effed too for the past 4 days. I have DPMS
"off" in every possible place in xorg.conf (I can never remember if its
"device" "monitor" "screen" or whatever else), and I've also set "xset
-dpms". In spite of all this, DPMS is still active, and its really pissing
off when watching a movie.

Varun