[arch-dev-public] Non-X monitor shutdown?

Damir Perisa damir.perisa at solnet.ch
Mon Dec 17 02:18:50 EST 2007

Monday 17 December 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:
 | Damir, do you have the 'blank' line (or rather, are you only using
 | the one from /etc/rc.sysinit)? One of the things I wondered about
 | recently is whether these two commands are somehow mutually
 | exclusive - if maybe the screen will not 'powerdown' if it is
 | already 'blank'ed? Do you know anything regarding that?

from the logic, they should not be exclusive.

i have just replaced the one from blanking by

setterm -powerdown 5

on my machine, because i do not see any reason to make a screen work
and show black instead of shut down and use less power (on a laptop
anyway). your guess that they are exclusive to each other may be
right. i will add back the blanking one and see what happens.

- D

--
                  <º)))><