[arch-dev-public] Ion Announcement

eliott eliott at cactuswax.net
Mon Dec 17 16:53:01 EST 2007

On 12/17/07, Jeff Mickey <jeff at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Just a quick review for me guys, I'm deleting ion today..
>
> -----------------
> Today I have removed the Ion Window manager from the official
> aArchlinux repositories.  My initial thought was to keep the package
> inside it's license, but after further consideration, we the
> developers of Archlinux have decided that this is non-free software
> and will not be provided in our official repositories.
> -----------------
>
> Sound good?

I don't see why we need to make an announcement per se..
But if we do.. you have an extra 'a' in the first "Archlinux".

If it were me, would reword it a bit...
#######
Today I have removed the Ion Window manager from the official
Archlinux repositories.  My initial thought was to keep the package
updated in compliance with its unique license. However, the license has
proven to be a burnedsome. As such, the developers of Archlinux
have decided that that it will not be provided in our official repositories.
#######