[arch-dev-public] Impending initscripts changes

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 02:45:04 EST 2007

Hey all,
I've been throwing together a handful of initscripts changes to fix
numerous bugs and things of that nature.

Relevant git repo:
http://code.phraktured.net/?p=initscripts.git;a=summary

The splash branch contains the patch to make it look less like it's
splash related (the wording makes it seem better, IMO)
This is yet to be merged on my working branch (due to change there)
but I'll do that tomorrow-ish.

So, the working branch is the fun one to look at.

-----------------------------------

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/1186 (force background color to black -
thanks Simo)
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8843 (tput calls fail if /usr isn't
mounted - thanks Roman)
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6989 (added /etc/rc.d/functions.d/ directory)

I'd like to finish this up, but want some input:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/4550 (break out hwclock functionality
from rc.sysinit)

Thomas merged this earlier:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8579 (allow loading of multiple keymaps
- thanks Roman)

I don't think this one is a good idea:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6776

Anything else pending for initscripts? Any other requests? Can I get
some possible input on the above items?

Thanks in advance.