[arch-dev-public] [signoff] filesystem 2007.11-4

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:10:26 EST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 9:46 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 20, 2007 2:27 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Setup for FHS compliant man pages - FS#8839
> > Claim ownership of /etc/profile from bash - FS#4766
> > Remove LESSCHARSET env var from /etc/profile - FS#8877
> >
> > Please test. This goes hand-in-hand with the bash package (see other sign off)
> >
> > /etc/profile was also largely revamped. Please comment on that if
> > you'd like to, we can always add more stuff before it's out of
> > testing.
>
> Negative on the signoff. When I upgraded (bash and filesystem at the
> same time), I never got the new /etc/profile (I had customized my old
> one, I'm guessing that makes a difference). In addition, /etc/profile
> is not in either the bash backup array OR the filesystem backup array,
> and /etc/profile.bash is also not in the array.

OK, couple of things here.

* etc/profile IS backed up in the filesystem package. profile.bash was
not, so thanks for that.
I think we may have hit a pacman issue here - there is special
handling to handle the case of a file changing hands (profile moved
from bash to filesystem), but i think this may collide with the backup
handling.
lemme see if I can throw a pactest at this.

* I will rebuild filesystem containing a fix for fs#6350 later, and
additionally rebuild bash for patch level 033 (up from 025 - their
servers were down for a bit, I had to scp patch sources around to
build).

Any other issues to fix while I'm at it?

Dan, could you weigh in on the profile thing? If this is a pacman
issue, what do we do?